Research in Motion Shares Continue to Fall
Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM) shares continue to fall today, depsite the "Show & Tell" presentation of the company's new tablet the "PlayBook". However with the company's stock price under pressure it was a no brainer that RIM should have told the public how much the new device will cost, how could they have missed that?
RIM STAYS QUIET ON PRICE FOR PLAYBOOK
Sorry kids, RIM did not say how much the device will cost, thus today's 4% plunge on its stock price is justified. Reports are claiming the PlayBook will be available to the masses in early 2011. There is absolutely no mention of a retail price yet.
This comes as a suprise, is RIM that confident that they don't need to give an actual release date and price for the PlayBook? Have they not noticed that their stock price is just 8.8% away from another 52-week low?
Here are the specs for the new Blackberry PlayBook:
- 7-inch LCD, 1024 x 600, WSVGA, capacitive touch screen with full multi-touch and gesture support
BlackBerry Tablet OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing
- 1 GHz dual-core processor
- 1 GB RAM
- Dual HD cameras (3 MP front facing, 5 MP rear facing), supports 1080p HD video recording
- Video playback: 1080p HD Video, H.264, MPEG, DivX, WMV
- Audio playback: MP3, AAC, WMA
- HDMI video output
- Wi-Fi - 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- Connectors: microHDMI, microUSB, charging contacts
- Open, flexible application platform with support for WebKit/HTML-5, Adobe Flash Player 10.1, Adobe Mobile AIR, Adobe Reader, POSIX, OpenGL, Java
- Ultra thin and portable:
Measures 5.1"x7.6"x0.4" (130mm x 193mm x 10mm)
Weighs less than a pound (approximately 0.9 lb or 400g)
- RIM intends to also offer 3G and 4G models in the future.