Bloom Box IPO? Bloom Energy the Next Google (GOOG)
Investors are trying to find a way 'Googling' everything imaginable to get on board the Bloom Energy Train, can they be apart of the upcoming "Bloom Box" revolution. We are all hoping to get a piece of the Bloom Energy pie, an IPO that is speculated to be worth $1.45 billion and being coined the next Google Inc (NASDAQ:GOOG).
Bloom Energy, Inc. provides solid oxide fuel cell technology and products for distributed electricity and hydrogen generation. Bloom Energy, Inc. was founded as Ion America, Inc. and changed its name to Bloom Energy, Inc. in September 2006. The company is based in Sunnyvale, California.
(showbizgossips.com) Bloom Energy announced its plans to raise $150 million in sixth-round capital to establish a market for its product — which has yet to launch. Bloom Energy says it has booked most of this funding with Advanced Equities Investment. Bloom Energy’s planned Initial Public Offering or IPO has been valued at $1.45 billion.
Bloom Energy says it expects to bring in billions of dollars in revenue over the next couple of years by riding the green technology trend, cutting energy costs for users and reducing their carbon footprints. To do so, Bloom Energy will sell and lease its fuel cell systems.
THE NEXT GOOGLE?
Bloom Energy customers include eBay (EBAY), Google (GOOG), Lockheed, Wal-Mart (WMT), Staples and the CIA.
- There are rumors of an enormous Bloom Energy government contract and a multi-million dollar order backlog from Coca-Cola and FedEx.
- eBay ordered four of the Bloom Energy’s 100-kilowatt units.
- Adobe may have purchased some Bloom boxes.
- The San Francisco Airport has Bloom fuel cells in their possession.
- The Google fuel cell installation is 400 kilowatts. Bloom Energy’s first 100-kilowatt unit went to Google.
This company has much to prove but already, its damn exciting, this 60 minutes interview is a must watch: